Monday, April 28, 2008

My Green Thumb

A few weeks ago I was introduced to the wonderful art of gardening. And now I am officially obsessed. I go outside every day and count the blooms that are about to open up on all of my little flowers. I hate the little bugs that are trying to have their dinner from my hard work and I quickly eliminate thier lives as soon as they are spotted doing thier dirty work. Tyler gathers Ava's "tokens" in the back yard to use as free fertilizer in the front yard and tosses it into the flower beds...then I use little sticks to push them around so that they can give nourishment to the spots where I think need it the most (what do I know?!?). Now, I am new at this, but the spots that need my assistance change every day. I really think it's working - wherever I bull doze the moldy "tokens" to, those flowers start to grow! It's amazing! There are also a TON of mushrooms growing out of those same little spots...gross. My thumb is getting so green and my fingernails so dirty (I guess that's the price I have to pay for some curb appeal). I am so proud!

2 comments:

Daniel Cooper said...

Thats so fun boog! I love to garden too! I guess we are dorks! lol I'm excited that you have a blog! I'm so addicted to blogging too! I guess that makes us double dorks! :o) Anyway, I love you and I'm excited to read about you and Tylers fun life! Love, Amers
P.S. I would love to see a picture of this beautiful garden! :o)

Melissa Terry said...

I'm so excited that you are blogging! You need to teach us more about this green thing that you have, because mine is definitely BROWN!